After completing his studies in electrical engineering in the field of measurement technology and room acoustics at the Technical University of Dresden, Rainer Oleak went on to study piano and composition at the Hanns Eisler Academy in Berlin.
Working as a composer, musician and arranger in various formations and with individual artists, he began composing for films many years ago.
To date, he has composed over 1000 pieces of music for television and about 20 feature films. Extensive discography and production with various artists.
- 2000 Wie Feuer und Flamme - directed by: Connie Walther
- 2001 The new adventures of Pinocchio - directed by Michael Anderson
- 2003 Igby Musikproduction, composed by Uwe Fahrenkrog Petersen
- 2008 10 Sekunden - directed by Nicolei Rhode
- 2010 Schattenwelt - directed Connie Walther
- 2012 Bis zum Horizont, dann links - directed by Bernd Böhlich
- 2017 Fickefuchs - directed by Jan Stahlberg
- 2019 Ich war noch niemals in New York (Film Musical ) - Musicproduction - directed by Philipp Stölzl
- 2001 Das Staatsgeheimnis directed Matthias Glasner
- 2008 Frau Böhm sagt nein - directed by Connie Walther
- 2004 - 2011 Fairytale films for ARD: Frau Holle, Die Prinzessin auf der Erbse, Rapunzel, Jorinde und Joringel , Der Prinz im Bärenfell- directed by Bodo Fürneisen
- 1993-2014 several “Tatort” films
- 2018 Der Kalte Tod (2 Episodes) directed by Nicolai Rhode
- 1994 Music for Katarina Witt zat Olympic games at Lillehammer
- 2007 – 2010 Ostrock in Klassik: new recording of well-known titles of the former GDR with the original artists plus orchestra. Orchestra arrangements, music recordings as well as DVD mixes. 2 CDs and 2 DVDs - award of a golden DVD
- CD-Production “Es gibt Tage” by Armin Müller Stahl
- Various audio books with music. “Olaf der Elch” with Dirk Bach
- Work with various artists in German-speaking countries
- CD-Productions with the Puhdys, Rockhaus.